Friday 15 March 2024

Mini update #1 - Progress on Las Vegas roadway set: Convention Centre dome

I'll be doing more of these smaller updates for a while, as most of the work on the project at the moment is on individual shots on complex sets for the sequence of Bond pursuing the Ford Econoline to Whyte Tectronics, which I talked about in my last post.

I've finished all the shots set at the petrol station, but now I need a shot of the Aston Martin DBS and Ford Econoline driving past the Whyte House and other buildings. The intention is for it to replace this shot from the original film:

The Ford Mustang will be replaced with the Aston Martin DBS

Here, you can see the work in progress re-creation of the Las Vegas Convention Centre dome, which as per usual with real life locations, I am basing off multiple reference photographs. It will only feature in this one shot, and simply in the background.

This is not the final camera angle - once the set is complete, I will likely choose
a better framing for the shot.

Furthermore, it has become apparent that the shots I originally made for the McCarren International Airport scene need redoing, in order to improve the car animation. Once this drive-by shot is completed, the Airport shots will likely be my next port of call.

No comments:

Post a Comment